Serving Size = 4 Foodies
– 1.5 lbs shrimp (we used medium sized shrimp)
– 2 jalapenos
– 4 cloves garlic
– 2 green onions
– 2 cups flour
– neutral-flavored frying oil (e.g. canola or peanut oil)
– 2 tbsp butter
– 1 tsp salt
– 1 tsp pepper
1) Rinse and strain shrimp. Feel free to devein your shrimp.
2) Pat shrimp dry with a paper towel. This will prevent a soggy flour coating for optimal crunchiness! Also, hot oil and water don’t mix.
3) Prep 2 jalapenos, 4 cloves garlic and 2 green onions (set aside)
4) In a large mixing bowl, evenly coat shrimp in 2 cups of flour
5) Heat oil to 375F. If you don’t have a thermometer, use the Chinese method. Insert a chopstick or wooden utensil into the oil. If bubbles rise, your oil is ready.
6) Fry shrimp for 1.5 to 2 minutes depending on desired crunchiness (set aside)
7) Melt 2 tbsp butter in a hot pan
8) Add and cook your jalapenos, garlic and green onions until slightly brown
9) Add 1 tsp salt & 1 tsp pepper
10) Add your shrimp and toss/mix everything
11) Enjoy! Let me know what recipes you’d love to see next!
CONNECT WITH ME