Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp with Asparagus – So much flavor and so easy to throw together, this shrimp recipe is a winner! Flavorful, juicy shrimp team up with fork-tender asparagus in this easy one-pan meal. The shrimp and asparagus get extra flavor from a simple sauce of lemon juice, butter, herbs and garlic that also add little moisture to this wonderful dish. Low-carb, gluten-free, Whole30 and paleo friendly! Ready in 20 minutes or less, this shrimp recipe with asparagus cooks in one pan and will make all of your family go crazy! A heavy-duty cast iron skillet works best for this dish; you can find one at good kitchen supply stores or order online. If you’re feeding an extra hungry group, serve with cauliflower rice or wild rice.
1.5 lbs (700g) medium raw shrimp, peeled
1 lbs (500g) asparagus (1 bunch) rinsed and trimmed
3 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
5 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
2 teaspoons onion powder
Salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
1/4 cup (60ml) vegetable stock
1 tablespoon Sriracha (or any hot sauce you like)
Crushed chili pepper flakes, optional
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Fresh chopped parsley or cilantro, for garnish
1. To prepare the garlic butter shrimp recipe with asparagus: place a large non-stick skillet with 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Add the asparagus and season to taste. Saute the asparagus until crisp-tender, 4-6 minutes. Remove sauteed asparagus from the pan and set aside.
2. In the same pan, add remaining 2 tablespoons butter and add shrimp. Season with salt and pepper, cook shrimp 1-2 minutes on one side.
3. Add the minced garlic, Italian seasoning, and onion powder to the shrimp. Stir to combine and flip the shrimp to cook on the opposite side. Cook shrimp for 1 minute then add 1/4 cup vegetable stock and Sriracha. Allow the sauce to reduce for 1 minute, making sure not to overcook the shrimp.
4. Push the grilled shrimp on the side and add asparagus back to the pan. Stir asparagus to coat them into the sauce and squeeze half of a lemon over the top of the grilled shrimp and asparagus. Allow reheating for 1-2 minutes. Remove grilled shrimp and asparagus from heat, garnish with parsley, lemon slices, and red crushed chili pepper if you like. Serve your shrimp and asparagus immediately, enjoy!
– FACEBOOK — https://www.facebook.com/Delizioso-89…
– GOOGLE+ — https://plus.google.com/u/0/115788310…
– TWITTER — https://twitter.com/Delizioso136
– PINTEREST — https://uk.pinterest.com/Delizioso123…
– INSTAGRAM — https://www.instagram.com/136delizioso/
– OUR WEBSITE — http://delizioso136.wix.com/delizioso